6 Cloud Computing Free Services in Vogue
People and businesses are increasingly using cloud computing today. When your documents, photos, music or other files need to be shared across more than one device, cloud computing is the easiest available and lately, everyone seems to agree with this fact.
This post is dedicated to some of the best free cloud computing services providers. However, most of these tools are not completely free or forever free. Have a look at each of the 6 cloud-based services I consider in vogue:
1. Amazon Web Services (AWS) offers a complete set of infrastructure services that enable you to run virtually everything in the cloud: from enterprise applications and big data projects to mobile apps. AWS provides a reliable, scalable and low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud. New AWS customers can run a free usage tier that can be used for anything from launching new applications, to testing existing applications in the cloud, or simply gaining experience with AWS. AWS is great for SMB’s that are just starting out and looking for very affordable and scalable cloud services.
2. Google Apps is a cloud-based productivity suite that offers communication, collaboration and publishing tools, including email accounts. Google Apps is free for small businesses that have up to 10 users.
3. iCloud offers a free online computer with a virtual desktop. iCloud stores music, photos, apps, calendars, documents, and much more. iCloud customers are provided with 5 GB of free cloud storage.
4. Dropbox is a simple and intuitive cloud storage service that allows files sharing. With a free account, one can expand its 2 GB of free storage up to 18 GB of free storage by referring new people to join Dropbox.
5. Zoho brings collaboration, business and productivity applications under one umbrella. It gives the ability to easily manage information and be more productive in office or on the move. Zoho is free for personal use, there is a discount for non-profit organizations and business users are charged a fee.
6. Planbox is a project management tool that helps teams plan, collaborate and deliver more efficiently. The emphasis is on team collaboration. Planbox stays free forever for teams of 2 or less. Also, students, academic institutions and non-profits can use Planbox for free. Start-ups are offered a discount.
Do you use free cloud computing services? If you do, are they on my list? Please share you experiences in the comments below.
Photo source: https://www.sxc.hu/photo/1198287