Cloud advisors help you improve your business
In a world dependent on technology, nearly every business relies on fast, efficient, reliable and highly accurate IT solutions in order to compete. Today’s technology environment is also increasingly complex: data centers, cloud services, secure networking, mobile devices, custom applications and desktops all need to combine transparently to create a flawless experience for your employees, partners or customers. That’s where a cloud advisor comes in.
A cloud advisor acts like your personal cloud expert, and it helps you provision your resources by following best practices. The cloud advisor inspects your environment and finds opportunities to save money, improve system performance and reliability, or help close security gaps.
At the same time, a great cloud advisor will develop a deep understanding of your business goals and systems architecture, and recommend optimal application, integration, and design patterns while contributing to solution and enterprise architecture strategies.
Finally, the cloud advisor will offer you guidance on how to maximize the return on your investment (ROI) and accelerate the payback period of your cloud investment.
Basically, a cloud advisor is a person who can clearly explain the benefits and underlying concepts of cloud computing. Key areas of competency include:
- Explain the cloud computing concepts
- Describe how the customer can realize the benefits of cloud computing within their environment
- Identify cloud computing architecture and design principles
- Map customers’ requirements to the market offerings
- Conduct cloud assessment and planning
- Align the interest of the IT provider with the interests of the client.
- Ensure that the client receives high quality solutions at the best possible pricing, while minimizing risks.
- Consult on deployment, migration and system integration
- User productivity training and measurement
Whether you’re building a new private, public or hybrid cloud, consuming from a public cloud, currently managing and securing your cloud service portfolio or transforming your IT environment to deliver cloud solutions – keep in mind that cloud advisors are a valuable resource. They are the best technical and strategic minds in cloud computing today, helping to advance deployments and driving future scalability and efficiencies.
Photo Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/99337573@N05/15802666883/