How to Avoid a Data Disaster [Infographic]
I believe we all agree that the effects of lost data on business operations can be devastating. Even if a monetary value is not assigned to the data, the negative effects can be significant, and in some cases businesses may eventually have to shut their doors. This is why having a secure and reliable backup plan in place is now a critical step in order to ensure business continuity.
The guys at Supreme Systems published a very interesting infographic on this matter, called “How to Avoid a Data Disaster – The Key to an Effective Back-up Plan” and I wanted to share their findings with you.
The infographic reveals some interesting statistics around data loss and also offers some helpful advice about what an effective data backup plan should look like. Here are the main ideas that caught my eye:
- More than 60 percent of data loss cases are caused by Drive Crash (66%)
- Only 23 percent of small or mid-sized businesses backup data on a daily basis
- 70 percent of businesses that suffer a major data loss are out of business within 18 months
- This year, 40% of small to medium businesses that manage their own network and use the Internet for more than e-mail will have their network accessed by a hacker
- It’s crucial that the facilities of your backup provider meets international standards and are guaranteed both physically and digitally
Check out the complete infographic here: