Major Cloud Computing Events in 2013
Cloud Computing is a vibrant technical environment and 2013 is full of many conferences, workshops, exhibitions and learning programs dedicated to cloud technologies. Here are some of the most important events in 2013 you should keep a close eye on and consider attending:
Cloud Connect 2013 – April 2-5, Silicon Valley, California
Cloud Connect gathers application developers, senior IT professionals, infrastructure and service providers, and cloud computing innovators to share deep cloud insights. Hosted and led by the industry’s top experts, Cloud Connect delivers the latest business, technology and cloud regulatory insights.
Conference tracks I recommend:
- Application Design & Architecture;
- Cloud Economics & Strategy;
- Performance & Availability;
- Private & Hybrid Clouds;
- Risk Management & Security;
Cloud & Big Data Conference & Expo / 3PX|TechCon – April 16-17, Bellevue, Washington
Cloud&Big Data Conference&Expo brings together business leaders and technology experts to explore the “third platform” (Social, Mobile & Mobility, Big Data & Analytics and Cloud Services) and its opportunities to streamline operations, mitigate risk, enhance security and increase profits.
Conference topics I find most interesting:
- Software for Application Defined Networking: Secure Network Virtualization for M2M and Cloud Computing;
- How In-Memory Computing Can Boost Cloud Performance for Big Data;
- Enabling Widespread Enterprise Cloud Adoption;
- How to Simplify Application On-boarding and Optimize Price-performance on the Cloud
- Cloud-Based BI and Big Data Analytics for Strategic Business Advantage
- The Distributed and Decentralized Cloud
Virtualization & Cloud Computing Summit 2013 – May 30 – Jun 6, Anaheim, California
The summit gathers security managers and analysts, auditors, compliance analysts who want to discuss and understand the risks of virtualization and cloud computing models and scenarios.
Topics from the agenda that I recommend:
- Extending Your Private Cloud into Public Clouds
- Emerging Architectures, Emerging Threats
- Tools You Can Use: The Virtualization and Cloud Toolkit
CloudCon Expo & Conference – May 14-15, San Francisco, California
The event brings IT professionals and decision makers together, to discuss best practices and strategies for Cloud Deployment. It aims to help them understand how cloud technologies implementation can bring benefits such as reliability, adaptability and cost reduction.
Interesting topics on the event agenda:
- Challenges of Cloud Computing in Highly Scalable and Secure enterprises
- PaaS on Software Defined Data Centers (SDDC)
- Cloud Storage & Backup Platforms
The 12th International Cloud Expo – June 10-13, New York
The event brings together decision makers in SMBs and enterprises to discover the latest innovations in Cloud Computing that can help them minimize cost, improve scalability and maximize performance. I don’t have the full details yet, but the Call for Papers is open until March, 17th.
Photo source: https://www.sxc.hu/photo/478188
Pingback: Major Cloud Computing Events in 2013 | Rickscloud | CLOUD DESKTOP EXPERTS