Meeting communication in the cloud
Worldwide, around 8.3 trillion text messages are being sent per year, 23 billion messages per day. Very Impressive!
Today, communication has become the most important part of our lives, and each day, we are looking for new ways to improve it even more. Cloud computing has unlocked the barriers towards a whole new level of interaction. Billions of people are using cloud-based apps like email, WhatsApp or Skype on a daily basis both for their business and personal interests. In a report conducted by Research and Market, the cloud communication platform market is forecasted to reach $4.45 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 26.8%, proving that internet-based communication is evolving at a high rate.
Communicating in the cloud
During the last years, there has been a lot of buzz around cloud communication and how these solutions could reshape businesses all over the world. Luckily, companies have already started to deploy cloud-based communications as they see in these solutions to lower operational costs, saving both time and money. Here are some of the other benefits that Cloud-based communication brings:
- Support mobile workforce
- Quicker access to enhanced features and capabilities
- Increased flexibility
- Eases the burden of integrating products from multiple vendors
As I mentioned above, during the last years, many companies switched from traditional communication platforms, which use on-premises servers, to cloud-based platforms, and this happened for a reason. Here are a few reasons why:
- Adopt bigger business capabilities with a smaller business budget – It is widely known that the cloud can bring capabilities which otherwise would be difficult to afford. Let’s take for example an IT department. With cloud-based communication systems, you don’t need to have an in-house IT staff to manage and your infrastructure, this is the responsibility of the cloud providers.
- Enhance customer service – Every business owner realizes the importance of efficient customer service and companies are always striving to improve. Rapid responses and comprehensive answers are what every customer desires, cloud-based communication can make this a reality.
Cloud-based unified communication offer agility beyond borders
The Hosted unified communication market size is expected to hit $96 billion by 2023, according to an industry analysis report conducted by Global Market Insight. This massive increase is driven by companies needing to increase productivity and lowering costs while attracting new customers. These are the reasons companies, regardless of their size, have started to see unified communication as a solution to achieving their goals. Here are other key capabilities of unified communication solutions:
- Collaboration – More and more businesses are starting to extend their global presence. To this end, collaboration has become crucial for a company’s success. Adopting unified communication solutions can improve this capability and bring employees closer even if they are located in other parts of the world.
- Unified messaging – Having all the electronic media used for messaging users, such as email, voice messages, instant messaging or similar apps, will substantially streamline the communication process. This capability will enhance the prioritization process, enabling users to choose which messages need immediate responses, improving the overall productivity.
- Mobility – The key to productivity is to be reachable anytime and anywhere. This has made BYOD to be a mandatory capability that is integrated into all unified communication platforms.
- Integration – Integrating a unified communication platform with other business applications, such as CRM solutions, will enable your sales and customer service department to track, respond, manage and measure all communications between your employees and your customers.
Cloud computing has provided us endless possibilities to improve our business. It has brought significant benefits to our customers and our lives and I am 100% sure it will not stop here. Please share your thoughts.