Why I Love Cloud Computing Contest
After more than 2 years of blogging, over 160 cloud-related articles and hundreds of Facebook likes and Tweets I concluded: I love cloud computing and you my readers, love cloud computing. There are numerous reasons why we feel this way.
In 2012 Forbes released an infographic based on their Social Intelligence report that analyzes the latest enterprise technology trends. Here are some interesting facts about cloud computing and our sentiments relating to it:
- In 2012, there were over 555,000 conversations about cloud computing across blogs, Twitter, Facebook and other social environments. 50% of discussions were on blogs, 16% on Twitter and 10% on forums.
- Cloud has a Net Sentiment score of 67 out of 100 and a Passion Intensity score of 23 points. Forbes gives this score a good rating for a business subject;
- People and entrepreneurs love cloud computing because it enables anyone to create a new company with a very small investment;
- 27% of respondents see cloud computing fundamentally remaking technology and the market, just like the internet did;
- 24% of respondents see cloud computing as an inspiration for IT innovation;
- People think that the cloud creates new jobs and boosts economic growth;
- Cloud computing technologies are adopted around the world by governments, businesses and teenagers;
Of course there still are some fears related to cloud computing adoption, but the majority sees a great benefit in cloud-based technologies and has a positive sentiment for them. Under these circumstances I decided to launch a contest for my readers – iLoveCloudComputing
How the iLoveCloudComputing contest works
From today, March 5th to Monday, March 11th, I invite you to write your reasons why you love cloud computing in a comment to this blog article. Submit just one comment with your reasons and provide real contact details so I will be able to get in touch with you in case you win. I won’t approve comments coming from fake names or contact details.
You have the opportunity to easily win the Little Book of Cloud Computing, 2013 Edition: Including Coverage of Big Data Tools by Lars Nielsen.
The contest lasts one week. I will close the comments section of this article on Tuesday, March 12th. I will will select the most helpful and creative answer and announce the winner on the blog.
So, time to start. Why do you love cloud computing?
Photo source: https://www.sxc.hu/photo/1294754